Dr. Andrea Hartmann-Piraudeau
Dr. Adeyemi Agbelusi
Dr. Tonson Sango
Dr. Bharati Rao
Ana Maria Maia Gonçalves
Ana Maria Maia Gonçalves
Vod S. K. Chan
Dr. Adeyemi Agbelusi
Accredited Arbitrator, Mediator and Mediation Advocate and Trainer
Dr Adeyemi Agbelusi is Principal Partner, Berean Associates involved in resolving disputes throughout Nigeria and other Jurisdictions.
- has served as a facilitator to resolve several complex cases and has been appointed Arbitrator and Tribunal Secretary in several Arbitrations and Mediator in very complex and high value cases including a 30 year old court case which was resolved with the parties coming to settlement.
- is a frequent speaker at professional and industry seminars on various topics involvingalternative dispute resolution, strategy, workplace conflict management and organizational behaviour, and regularly conducts retreats and strategy sessions for companies.
- has a background in Mathematics and Accountancy and Business Administration.
- is a Member of the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (uk), and a Fellow of several professional bodies including the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Institute of Construction Industry Arbitrators, Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators, and the Institute of Management Consultants.
- is a member of the Nigeria Conflict Management Group International.
- is a Fellow of the Society of Advanced Legal Studies of the University of London, United Kingdom.
- is a member of the African Arbitration Association.
- is on the Panel of Neutrals (Mediation and Arbitration) of the Lagos State Multi-Door Courthouse, Lagos Court of Arbitration, Federal High Court ADR Centre and other institutional ADR Centres. He serves on the Schemes and Training committees of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- is on the Approved Faculty List of the Education Department of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators and other ADR institutions. He is on the Executive Committee of CIArb, Nigeria Branch.
- is the Chairman, YMG Mentorship Scheme Committee and on the CIArb- LCA MSME scheme.
- serves on the Lagos State Multi-door Courthouse Committee for the First Online Mediation Settlement Month.
- is the Branch Chairman, Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators, Lagos Chapter
- is a member of the ICC ADR-Commission Roundtable.
- is on the Panel of Arbitral Tribunal Secretaries of the ICC Paris and CIArb.
- is an Archdeacon in the Anglican Communion and Co-Founder of Dzuels Educational Foundation.
Attorney-Mediator and Notary Public
Fola Alade is the Founder/ Principal Partner at FOTEFA PARTNERS LP (MEDIATORS & MEDIATION ADVOCATES), a bespoke Mediation firm in Nigeria.
- Fellow, World Mediation Organization (WMO)
- Certified Mediation Advocate with the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (U.K)
- trained Mediator on the Panel of Neutrals of the Federal High Court(FHC), Lagos Multi-Door Courthouse (LMDC), Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA) and Lagos Chamber of Commerce and International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC)
- trained Negotiator from the Lagos Business School (LBS)
- Certified Emotional Intelligence Specialist
- Certified Trainer (International Award in Delivering Training[IADT] UK) with the London Professional Training Centre
- Founder/Principal of Fotefa Mediation Academy, a bespoke Mediation Training Academy where he trains on the business and practice of Mediation
- Executive Director of the Incorporated Trustees of Attorney-Mediators Association (ATMA), a Consultant/Facilitator/Trainer with the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (SCMA Nigeria), Betaworka Cosmopolitan Partners Limited, Au Courant Legal Research Firm, Legally Engaged Academy and the Resource HQ Ltd where he trains on Negotiation, Mediation, Mediation Advocacy, Negotiation, Workplace Conflict and Emotional Intelligence
- called to the Nigerian Bar in 2007 after obtaining his LLB Hons Degree from the University of Lagos in 2006
- member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and the Section on Business Law (SBL), Lagos Court of Arbitration (LCA) and a Partner member with the NCMG International (Negotiation and Conflict Management Group International)
- native speaker of Yoruba and fluent in English and Pidgin
Fidana Alieva is a mediation practitioner in commercial, employment, workplace, family business and medical malpractice disputes.
- working as a dispute resolution professional for about 8 years now, mediating, negotiating and arbitrating: mediated over 150 disputes
- selected as a regional mediator for the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman of the World Bank Group
- awarded with the Weinstein JAMS International Fellowship in the USA and spent several months upgrading her qualification and learning from the distinguished mediators of JAMS
- established the Centre for Mediation and Negotiation in the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic which was one of the first mediation centers in her home country
- assigned as the Deputy Chairman of the International Court of Arbitration in affiliation with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic (ICA)
- expert on mediation integration with her unique program on that topic to the International Commercial Arbitration Court of Kyiv (Ukraine)
- involved as a mediator, mediation expert and trainer in the Kyrgyz Republic, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan
- Graduated Programs: Mediating Litigated Case (Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, Los Angeles USA), Conflict Sensitive Development International Certificate Program (OSCE Academy), Workplace Conflict Management Certified Trainer Course (Mediation Training Institute, Washington, DC), Envisioning, Designing and Implementing Court ADR (International Court ADR Institute, UC Hastings College of Law), Mediation Skills (Edwards Mediation Academy, San Francisco, USA), Commercial Mediation with Bill Marsh (Great Britain)
- selected as a Judge for the International Commercial Mediation Competition-2020 (ICC, Paris)
- native Russian speaker and fluent in English. She also speaks Kyrgyz and Azerbaijani
Mediator and Architect
Claude Amar is a registered architect, a hotel developer, a real estate asset manager and a mediator.
- trained as an architect (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts, Paris), has studied Finance at INSEAD and Negotiation at Harvard (with Robert Mnookin’s team). He was trained as a mediator by Gary Friedman, at the Centre for Mediation in Law in San Francisco
- founding partner of Mediation & Resolution, an IMI, as well as IFCM and SIMI, certified mediator and has been accredited by several international mediation centres, including ICC France and IEAM in Paris, HKIAC in Hong Kong, SIMC in Singapore, JIMC in Japan, BIAMC in Indonesia and ICM in Santa Monica
- a member of the Board of Governors and a Distinguished Fellow of the IAM (International Academy of Mediators), the President of the Académie de la Mediation, an IMI (International Mediation Institute) Standards Commission member, the President of IFCM (Institut Français de Certification des Médiateurs) and a member of the Working Group of the ICC International Mediation Competition. Claude is a founding member as well as mediator with “Espace d’Accès à la Médiation”, a pro bono organization dedicated to providing mediation services to people with limited means
- founder and President of the EyeTech Foundation, an NGO dedicated to cataract blindness treatment
Dr. Nadine Ansorg
Lecturer & Researcher
Dr Nadine Ansorg is a Senior Lecturer in International Conflict Analysis at the School of Politics and International Relations at the University of Kent, and a Research Fellow at the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies in Hamburg.
- From 2016-2019, Nadine has co-directed a joint project on “Security sector reform and the stability of post-war peace” (funded by the German Research Foundation) together with Prof Dr Sabine Kurtenbach from GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- She has previously worked as Post-Doctoral Researcher for Grants and Impact at the School of Politics and International Relations, as Project Coordinator and Research Fellow in the project “Institutions for Sustainable Peace” at the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies Hamburg (2012-215) and as Acting Junior Professor for Development Politics and Politics of Africa at Bayreuth University (2014-2015).
- Nadine has extensive experience in teaching theoretical foundations and practical knowledge on negotiation and mediation.
Pierangelo is an international mediator and member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitration (CIArb).
- was listed as a “recommended” mediator in the WhosWhoLegal Italy 2020 Guide on Mediation
- was a Speaker during the CIArb’s Mediation Symposium 2020: Mediation as a multidisciplinary practice.
- In numerous competitions on mediation between international universities he played the role of a judge.
- The ICC International Mediation Competiton 2021 has chosen Pierangelo Bonanno as one of the competition’s 100 international judges.
Dr. Greg Bond
Greg was born in the UK and lives and works in Germany. He teaches mediation, negotiation and cross-cultural communication in commercial law, management and MBA programmes at the Technical University of Wildau, Berlin, Germany, where he also coordinates an internal conflict advisory service.
- works in business and organisations as a mediator, trainer and facilitator, particularly in workplace mediation, dialogue processes, peer coaching, and corporate team development
- on the academic advisory board of the master’s in mediation at European University Viadrina in Frankfurt / Oder.
- He is a professor in mediation at New Vision University Tbilisi
- master’s in mediation from European University Viadrina and a PhD in German literature from the University of Nottingham
- published widely on mediation, blogs regularly on the Kluwer mediation blog, and has edited two books on mediation: International Commercial Mediation Training Role-plays (2016, with Colin J Wall), and Mediation Practice: 8 Cultures, 16 Cases, 128 Creative Solutions (2017)
Mediator, Faciliator and Attorney
Anat Cabili is a mediator, facilitator and attorney (admitted to the Israeli Bar Association in 1998). She has been practicing mediation and facilitation since 2006 and owns a private mediation business in Israel.
- mediated hundreds of complex business and family disputes, and is often appointed by judges to mediate in litigated cases
- a facilitator of large-scale collaborative policymaking processes that involve stakeholders and the public. She has experience in facilitating such processes in Israel and the United States
- over the years, she has taught and trained in the fields of Mediation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Public Participation and Cross-sector Collaboration in both academia and practice-oriented settings in the U.S. and Israel
- a Visiting Researcher at the MIT-Harvard Program on Public Disputes (2007) and a member of the Harvard Mediation Program (2007)
- co-led Creighton University’s Public Issues Collaboration Program and served as an instructor at the Werner Institute for Dispute Resolution at Creighton University (2008-2012)
Vod K. S. Chan
International Arbitrator & Mediator
As an established member of the Chambers of Ronny Wong S. C., Vod K. S. Chan is a barrister, international arbitrator and mediator practising in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HK).
- is an accredited general and family mediator of HK International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), HK Bar Association (HKBA), HK Institute of Arbitrators and HK Mediation Accreditation Association Ltd, as well as a listed arbitrator of HKIAC, HKBA and a member of the Nanjing Arbitration Committee of the Mainland China.
- is also a former Chairperson of HK Mediation Council of HKIAC.
- now serves on various committees/ organisations including Steering Committee on Mediation set up by HK Secretary for Justice, and HK Trade Development Council’s Professional Services Advisory Committee.
- is now a director of Joint Mediation Helpline Office, and chairs its Management Committee of the West Kowloon Mediation Centre, the first purpose-built mediation facility in Asia.
- In 2018, he coached a team of CityU law students of HK which was crowned champion at the International Chamber of Commerce International Mediation Competition (ICC Mediation Competition) in HK. Then in 2019, as the first HK team ever to compete in the Paris ICC Mediation Competition, he led this CityU team to receive recognition of a Distinction performance.
- is now sitting on the bench as Deputy Registrar of District Court of HK in a Case Settlement Conference Pilot Scheme.
Mediator, Arbitrator & Law Professor
James is a mediator, arbitrator, and law professor at Rikkyo University in Tokyo. He previously practiced international dispute resolution at law firms in Paris and was legal counsel at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes of the World Bank in Washington.
- CEDR and SIMI certified mediator
- FCIArb Fellow
- Qualified lawyer in Washington, D.C. and California (inactive)
- Empaneled by mediation and arbitration institutions including AIAC, CIETAC, HKIAC, JIMC, JCAA, KCAB, SCIA, SIAC, SIMC, and THAC
- Chair of an IMI working group on investor-state mediation
- Active in mediator trainings
- Regularly writes and speaks about international mediation and arbitration
Professor Feargal Cochrane
Professor & Researcher
Northern Ireland/ UK
Professor Feargal Cochrane was born and educated in Belfast and has been publishing and teaching on Northern Ireland and wider themes of violent political conflict and peacebuilding for 30 years.
- He is the author of ten books and numerous other publications including articles in international peer review journals and chapters in edited book collections.
- His Northern Ireland: The Reluctant Peace published by Yale University Press in 2013 was shortlisted for the Ewart-Biggs Memorial Book Prize in 2015 and a second edition Northern Ireland The Fragile Peace will be published by Yale in 2021.
- Feargal was Professor of International Conflict Analysis at the University of Kent and Director of the Conflict Analysis Research Centre (CARC) within the School of Politics and International Relations from 2012-19.
- He has also held academic appointments at Lancaster University, Ulster University and Queen’s University Belfast.
- He is now a Senior Research Fellow of CARC and Professor Emeritus at the University of Kent.
Catherine Davidson is a nationally accredited mediator (NMAS) and IMI Certified mediator practising in Australia and internationally.
- Catherine has mediated over seven hundred commercial and workplace disputes and is a member of several national mediation panels
- She has a legal background having practised commercial litigation in Sydney and London
- Catherine’s commercial practice includes construction, intellectual property, banking, insurance, negligence, estates, guardianship, commercial and retail leases, partnership, franchising, small business and medical matters
- Her workplace mediations include litigated and non-litigated disputes involving bullying, performance, discrimination, and harassment in the public and private sectors across a broad range of industries including tertiary institutions, professional services firms and hospitals
- Catherine is a Trainer for the Australian Disputes Centre’s Mediation Training Courses in Australia and Asia. She also conducts Negotiation and Conflict Management Workshops in the public and private sectors in Australia, Asia and the Pacific
Attorney at Law & Mediator
Sezil Durmuş is an Attorney at Law registered in Istanbul Bar and a Mediator registered in Turkish Ministry of Justice. She focuses her practice on Contracts Law, Corporate Law and Employment Law by assisting her clients in structuring and negotiating legal transactions.
- She also engages in conflict resolution of same matters acting as a mediator.
- Her expertise is structuring of Conflict Management Systems and Contract Management Systems. She has post graduate degree (LL.M.) on Corporate Law. She is given “Winning Negotiator” title by Federation des Barreaux D’Europe.
- She has “Professional Negotiator” and “Mediation Supervision” certificates issued by GMN Global Mediators & Negotiators (IMI Turkey), “Advanced Negotiation” certificate issued by Universitatea „Babeș-Bolyai” din Cluj-Napoca, “Emotional Skills and Competencies” and “Evaluating Truthfulness and Credibility” certificates issued by Paul Ekman Group.
- She is the writer of book “Conflict Management Systems in Workplaces” which is a long term harvest of professional experiences as an attorney and a mediator.
Diego Faleck is a full-time mediator, settlement counsel and a dispute systems designer established in Brazil, with a unique track record in national and international business mediation cases and disputes systems design for major national disasters and special situations.
Received his LL.M. degree from Harvard
Phd degree from the University of São Paulo
Held significant government positions in antitrust and consumer protection matters
Adjunct Professor at the Pepperdine Caruso Law School (Malibu – CA)
Highlighted as a Global Elite Thought Leader by Who’s Who Legal 2019 and recognized as the best business mediator in Brazil by Leaders League 2020. Frequent speaker both at national and international colloquiums
Author of books and articles in the field
Francesca is a civil and commercial mediator, with almost two decades of experience and thousands of mediated cases.
- Legal Designer, applying the Design Thinking approach to the legal practice
- MCIArb (mediation) and IMI Certified Mediator
- Family mediator, operating within the Italian law n. 4 of 2013
- Listed in several international mediator panels
- Trainer and lecturer working with Universities and Institutions in Italy and abroad
- Practicing Lawyer based in Milan, Italy
Ana Maria Maia Gonçalves
Business leader in global
organizations, educator, mediator and executive coach
Ana´s professional expertise in online dispute resolution (ODR) has focused on enhancing the quality of the mediation practice using ICT- information and communication technology.
- founder and president of the Institute for Certification and Training of Portuguese-speaking Mediators (ICFML), the leading mediation organization in Brazil and Portugal.
- With a rich experience in learning, practicing and teaching mediation worldwide, Ana is prepared to mediate in a unique way.
- has experience in cross-border disputes in Europe, Australia and the United States.
- Being very active across borders and cultures, she has focused her practice in recent years on the impact of online technology on the skills of ADR facilitators.
- Since 2015, she is the co-chair of the International Mediation Institute ODR taskforce.
- has co-authored several papers in the International Journal of Online Dispute Resolution andlaunched in 2019 the first ODR Practitioner Certification Program available both in Portuguese and English.
- is a Mediator of the Global Mediation Panel of the Office of the Ombudsman for UN Funds and Programmes and a fellow of the National Center for Technology & Dispute Resolution.
- speaks Portuguese, French and English fluently.
- currently teaches Alternative Dispute Resolution at Master level at the Catholic University in Porto.
- is a graduate from UAL Lisbon (2008). She has two children and lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dr. Andrea Hartmann-Piraudeau
IMI Certified International Mediator & Researcher & Founder of IM-Campus
Andrea Hartmann-Piraudeau is the managing director of CONSENSUS. She is a valued conflict mediator in large companies.
- IMI certified mediator
- International consultancy and coaching
Focus: business mediation, organizational development, negotiation, coach and communication consultant
- Masters Degree in Communication and Media Studies, Sociology and
Linguistics, University of Mannheim
- Master of Mediation, jur. Faculty, Fernuni Hagen
- Doctorate at the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences at the University of Hohenheim. Research on mechanisms of action in mediation and negotiation.
- Several years in the management of national and international units
Prof. Dr. Ran Kuttner
Associate Professor of Dispute Resolution & Mediator
Ran is an Associate Professor of Dispute Resolution (expert track) at the University of Haifa, where he teaches in the International Graduate Program in Peace and Conflict Management Studies.
- Until recently he also served as an academic advisor to Givat Haviva, an organization that aims at building a shared society and dialogue among Jews and Arabs in Israel
- Prior to his return to Israel, he was an Associate Professor of Negotiation and Dispute Resolution at the Werner Institute, Creighton University (USA) and preceding his arrival at Creighton, he was a Visiting Scholar at the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School for three years, where among other projects he helped redesign and teach Harvard Law School’ Mediation Course
- He is a certified mediator and mediation teacher in Israel and consults to organizations and community mediation centers that work towards a more dialogic Israeli society in implementing collaborative conflict engagement approaches
- He developed a mediation certification program in Israel and teaches courses on mediation, dialogue, group facilitation, leadership and conflict resolution, negotiation, and peacebuilding strategies
Dr. Bharati Rao
Dr. Bharati Rao is an academic from India, with Masters in Industrial Psychology, Certification in Counseling and Doctorate in Management. She is among the firsts from India to certify as Mediator at the Singapore Mediation Centre. She is on the Panel of SIMI.
- Thirty years work experience-eighteen as a Bank Officer, six as a Counseling Psychologist, since 2015 has been teaching at the Alliance University, Bangalore, India
- Master trainer in Banking-training schoolteachers taking Banking to schools in rural/semiurban areas of India
- Founder, Snehi Mediation and Counseling, Snehi in Hindi language meaning friendship
- Speaker from India in the Singapore Convention on Mediation Seminar Series
- Submitted proposal for ‘Certificate Course in Mediation & the SCM’ to the Supreme Court of India Committee on Mediation
- Volunteered as Coach in the Peacemakers’ Conference for spreading of concept of Mediation among school children in Singapore
- Mediation Advocate at the International Mediation Singapore 2020 Competition
Dr. Tonson Sango
Director of Operations of Books2Africa
Dr. Tonson Sango has a PhD and an MA in International Conflict Analysis and currently serves as the Director of Operations at Books2Africa. He is an expert in international conflict analysis, with particular interest in the role of African traditional rulers in the dynamics of protracted conflicts, as well as traditional processes of conflict resolution within Africa.
- Tonson has a PhD and an MA in International Conflict Analysis from the University of Kent, and a BA in History and International Studies from Babcock University.
- He was previously a Senior Researcher at the Centre for Conflict Studies at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies; Reading Committee member at Chevening; and has lectured International Relations and related subjects at the University of Kent, Cambridge Arts and Science College, London Foundation Campus, Cusano University and Florida State University.
- He was awarded a bursary by the Institute for Historical Research to complete his PhD thesis on “The Role of Traditional Rulers in Protracted Communal Conflicts in Nigeria”.
- He is a member of the Conflict Research Society and the Royal African Society.
Advocate-India, Arbitrator & Mediator
Sameer Shah established his own proprietary law firm at Ahmedabad, State of Gujarat, under the name and style of S. U. SHAH & ASSOCIATES. He is a panel mediator and senior lecturer.
- Director-Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London) – CIArb-India Branch
- Chairman-International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI Hong Kong)-India Branch
- Panel Arbitrator – Court of Arbitration for Art (CAfA), Netherland
- Steering Committee Member – Greener Arbitration, London
- Committee Member – Beihai Asia International Arbitration Center (BAIAC), Singapore
- Associate Member – Brooke Chambers, London
- Head – India – Shanghai Chu Tun Consulting Co. Ltd.– Shanghai, China
- Director – Hong Kong Zhiqing Trading Co. Ltd, Hong Kong
- Mediator – Mainland-Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center, Hong Kong and The Mediation Center, Dubai
- Member – Mediators Beyond Borders International, USA
- Senior Partner – Trust Legal, Ahmedabad office
- 26 years of active legal practice and experience.
- Completed LL.B. in the year 1994 from Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, Standing IInd in the University.
- Passed HSC with distinction from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi in the year 1988.
- Graduated from University of Delhi with the degree of B.Com. (Hon.) in the year 1991.
- In the year 1994, started the law practise in Ahmedabad, State of Gujarat, by enrolling as a member of the Bar Council of Gujarat.
Mediator & Researcher
Miglė is a lawyer and an active state-certified mediator. She is also a scientific expert on mediation, having concentrated on comparative aspects of laws on mediation in many European jurisdictions during her PhD research and her work with the CEPEJ Working Group on Mediation.
- A certified mediator and mediation trainer, actively mediating family disputes in a virtual and in-person environment
- A member of 2020 Class of Weinstein JAMS International Fellows, consisting of 12 dispute resolution professionals selected annually from around the globe to come to the US and study ADR practices and processes
- A PhD candidate and a lecturer at the Faculty of Law in Vilnius University, Lithuania, focusing on mandatory mediation and its relationship with the right to judicial protection
- Served as a scientific expert to the working group on mediation at the Council of Europe, European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), leading the drafting of the European Handbook for Mediation Lawmaking adopted by CEPEJ
- Vice-President of Education, International with INADR, organizing international mediation and negotiation competitions for students all over the world along with other educational events promoting peace-making globally
Fair Price System
As the first training institute worldwide, we implemented a revolutionary price system. In order to give access to anybody from anywhere, we provide a socially balanced payment system. The price of our mediation training is measured by the purchasing power of the country of your residence. Contact best mediation courses online and ADR Training institute.
We regularly update our table in order to meet the most recent data of the global comparison of purchasing power indexes.
Check our table below to find the price for your training:
As part of your application, we kindly ask you to transfer a document of residence in order to prove your current location.
Source: Worldwide Cost of Living
Your contact persons
We are here to help
Alexandra Kieffer is a mediator with a background of peace and conflict studies and responsible for international networks and training and happy to answer all your questions.
Dr. Andrea Hartmann-Piraudeau
Dr. Andrea Hartmann-Piraudeau is an international certified mediator and conflict expert with a broad international network and many years of experience in mediation and ADR. She is responsible for curriculum and research.
Frequently asked questions
1. What are the requirements for the mediation training?
Prerequisites for participation in mediation training area good level of English language, an academic education or professional experience. In an online personal admission interview, we make sure that all participants fit into the group in terms of their personalities and qualifications. Open questions from interested parties can also be discussed.
2. How do the modules work?
Each module is 24 hours. 12 hours online live training and 12 hours self paced online learning. The live training sessions will take place 4 times a month for 3 hours each. The self paced online learning is flexible and recommended to be completed inbetween the live sessions in order to prepare and follow-up.
3. What is the online live training set-up?
The IM-Campus team provides a virtual campus room. Participants and trainers receive a link in order to access the sessions. To create a group atmosphere, camera and sound on is required. For mediation simulations and group work, trainers will divide the group into break out sessions. You will need internet access and a browser device. Depending on the access to online platforms of the participants, we will decide, which one we will use (Adobe Connect or Zoom).
4. What happens if I miss a live session?
In order to receive the IM-Campus certificate, you will need to complete 80% of the live sessions. If you are not able to attend this amount of live sessions, you will have the opportunity to repeat the missing trainings within our next course.
5. What is the advantage of the online format of our mediation training?
More and more and especially taking into account the present situation with covid, online mediation is demanded. Our participants will be experts in the field of online mediation and especially international online mediation. The knowledge provided in the course enables you to conduct face-to-face mediation, too.
6. What certificate will I receive after completing the training?
Participants will receive a certificate from the IM Campus: completion of 120 hours of mediation training and stating that the content of the training meets the recommendations of the German guidelines, EU guidelines for mediation training and the IMI guidelines.
The recognition is regulated differently in each country and has to be discussed with the appropriate local authorities.
Independent of the formal recognition, the training provides profound knowledge on mediation and conflict resolution and enables the participants to apply these skills in their professional or private environment after completion.
7. Why do participants from different countries pay different prices?
Our Fair Price System Policy considers the different purchaising power indexes. We want to give anyone from anywhere access to our mediation program by adjusting the prices to each countries economy and situation. So to speak, everybody pays not the same sum but the same price.
8. What are the main focuses of the mediation training?
The IM-Campus trainers have different professional backgrounds, focuses and nationalities. An interdisciplinarity from law, communication science, psychology, economics, peace studies etc. makes sure to consider different aspects of mediation. The trainers work in different countries and fields of mediation: business mediation, family mediation, peace mediation, international mediation, intercultural mediation but also coaching and team mediation.
9. What opportunities will you have after completing the program?
You will be part of an international and intercultural alumni network – providing a platform to exchange experiences and work together as co-mediators. You will be able to deal with conflicts and be prepared for a career as an executive and resolve conflicts constructively. You will be qualified to offer (online) mediation and negotiation according to the rules in your country.
10. What are the requirements for the IM-Campus Certificate?
In order to receive the IM-Campus certificate, you need to successfully complete the training (120 hours). Successfully means to show your mediation skills and competencies as well as the completion of the online material and presence in at least 80% of live sessions.
11. Is it possible to learn and apply mediation skills online at all?
From our experience, online live training provides you with skills and knowledge you need to conduct a mediation. In online live simulations body language and other non verbal communication can be read and taken into account. However, online and offline settings are not the same. In order to experience face-to-face simulations, we encourage our participants to meet with peers locally.
12. Different courses and time zones
The two different courses based on different time zones aim to provide the training to anyone from anywhere. Our goal is to fit all time zones into the two courses. We invite you to choose the course with the times most convinient for you.
13. IMI Certification
Our training is approved by the IMI. Holding this certificate you automatically become an IMI qualified mediator. You will be:
- international rescognised
- quality proved
- part of international network.
This course is part of the CONSENSUS Campus Program. CONSENSUS Campus is recognised as meeting the quality criteria set out by the International Mediation Institute. CONSENSUS Campus has been granted dispensation by the IMI to deliver its existing approved training online during the covid crisis.