She is a Legal Practitioner with over 20 years experience in the practice of Law and ADR.
She has an LLB from the University of Jos, Nigeria, and an LLM from the University of London.
She worked with Chief Rotimi Williams’ Chambers for twelve years where she gained experience in various areas of Law practice, and thereafter set up her own law firm, YBO Legal.
Yejide has over the years served in various capacities at many institutions and organizations including:
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) International Court of Arbitration.
- Immediate past Honourable Branch Secretary of the CIArb, a position she held for four years.
- Member, Panel of Neutrals of the Lagos Multidoor Court house, where she mediates and arbitrates regularly both in-person and virtually.
- Member, Shanghai Arbitration Commission.
- Member, Nigerian Arbitration Commission.
She has acted as Arbitrator and counsel in a good number of cases and has extensive experience under institutional rules including UNCITRAL, ICC and KIAC rules and in ad hoc proceedings.
Yejide is a CEDR UK accredited mediator and has assisted various disputants to resolve their commercial disputes outside the court system.
She is also a member of other institutions, organizations and arbitral bodies including the LCA, IBA, NBA, AFRICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (AFAA), Arbitral Women, ERA PLEDGE, Society for Corporate Governance and the ICSAN.
She is Company Secretary to some private companies and also sits on the Board of a number of private companies and foundations.
Yejide lives in Lagos, Nigeria and is married with two children