- From 2015 to 2018, Matthias supported Switzerland’s international mediation efforts as an intern and technical specialist in the FDFA’s mediation team.
- In 2018-2022, Matthias worked for the mediation program of the NGO swisspeace. He supported local mediators in Iraq in building up mediation and dialogue expertise, accompanied the exploration of dialogue processes, and regularly led trainings in mediation, dialogue and negotiation.
- At the European University Viadrina in Frankfurt an der Oder, Matthias will complete a Master of Arts in Mediation and Conflict Management in 2019-2021, and a CAS in Mediation at the Bern University of Applied Sciences in 2018-2019.
- Matthias has been involved in the board of the Swiss University Mediation Association (UMCH) since 2022, for which he is nominated for election.
- In the future, Matthias would like to accompany people, teams and organizations beyond conflicts into the development of potential. He will therefore start a new job at the HR consulting firm DIACOVA in August 2022.
In mediation, Matthias is currently particularly fascinated by the interface of conflict and trauma work, systemic large group work and the inner development process of mediators. He is currently undergoing further training in a multi-year training and large group process in working through collective and intergenerational trauma.
Having grown up in Zurich, Matthias now lives on a farm outside Bern. He now enjoys his colourful vegetable garden almost as much as the rock, ice and snow on his leisure adventures in the Swiss mountains.